Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Not really an update...

I wish I was the kind of person who just cared about all the silly little things that happen on a day to day basis. I'm sure my blog would be much more interesting and consistent. And while it's true that I find a lot of excitement in the everyday, mundane happenings in life, it just doesn't ever seem blog-worthy. Most of the time it's fleeting anyway and I go back to thinking about whatever recent thing I've been thinking about in my internal processor mind.

Anywho - today I read this article and it just broke my heart. It reminds me of an account of the genocide in Rwanda that I heard recently about reconciliation between the murderers and the victims' families. I always wonder what I would do with the "kill or be killed" command.

So, don't read this article if you're hoping for something light and fun! ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/03/04/darfur.rape/index.html


On a much happier note and more update-ish, in case I haven't told you yet, I'm going to TURKEY this summer! It's with a short-term missions trip from our church. I'm very excited. I had to mail in my passport to get it renewed - it's amazing how fast 10 years went by...

2 comments:

Rich said...

Ash, I can't believe I forgot to talk to you about Turkey on the phone. I'm SO EXCITED for you. And we want to sow into that. We'll talk.

Amanda said...

Ash, you're going to Turkey?! That's so cool. Next time I see you, you'll have to tell me all about it.